Tuesday 22 November 2016

Comparison


During this lesson, we put into groups from last week. In my group was; Dionne, Keavey, Tilly and obviously me. Our dance routine was to dramatic piece of music

The following post will be about the comparison to the different moments:


This was the movement focusing on the music, The moves were in time with the music and showed true passion within each and every move. Contrasting to the video below the moves were reversed, slow points were turned into fast, soft transitions turned into a jagged and shocking movement. Please see the next issue.

The reason for these two videos is to show the original ideas and how the piece of music influenced the dance routine. From a choreographer point of view I would study the music first. I would picture the staging then adapt dance routine to the stage and the music. I would make sure that my dances are in time and beat with the music, the different dynamics I will use will show the power through the piece and show the proxemics between the dances on stage. Lighting will provide a big part as well. The lighting will show whether a dances is isolated from other dances, or if they are seen all as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment