Tuesday 15 November 2016

8TH OF NOVEMBER


Carmel: I've always imagined what you're like in dance?

Summer: Its Amusing

Ant: Well... You've seen  Billy Elliot?

Carmel: Yeah

Ant: Yeah It's nothing like that!

=====================================================================================

Lesson

In the lesson we learnt about different Dynamics of multiple dance routines. We looked at 'Nutcracker' (No Innuendo intended) and also looked at Edward Scissor Hands and how the dynamics of the dancers showed passion towards each other. This opened my eyes on how dance can show different levels of authority through proxemics and through facial expressions.

In my dance group the level of experience really shows me up, here I am surrounded by people who have experience of dancing since they were 3, or go to dancing classes out of school then theirs me when the closest thing to dancing is when I'm in bed and I have to wiggle around to find a comfortable position in bed. Dancing in this environment is quite daunting, so when our teacher, whom I don't give much credit to although I should because without her I would of broken down by now, she then takes these long complicated words and difficult dance moves and helps the less able of us to dance efficiently even with our lack of knowledge.
Another thing that Claire has told us to do is to write about the different subjects of dance.
When we first looked at this I again through "What the hell is she talking about?" However with her time and dedication to the subject and to us as students, she made it clear to me that although I didn't take this subject in GCSE, that I can an understand everything, and with that I made a spider diagram.
The diagram below WAS NOT created by me, however I do have one of these on my wall at home. But below is very similar:





2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Ant- and giving everything a go, which is what we ask. Keep questioning if there is something you don't understand or need simplifying (like on the cube)the vocabulary will come eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clare - Just a quick update, all of my pages SHOULD be finished.

    ReplyDelete